Social media is one of the most powerful forces in the hotel industry today, playing a key role in the customer’s travel experience, from planning their travels to posting holiday photos, updates and reviews. The hotel industry is heavily dependent on speech and opinion, and social media provides an ideal platform for this.
Eighty-one percent of Trave’s passers-by said hints were important when choosing a hotel.
70% of consumers said that travel reviews had the biggest impact on their shopping behavior.
43% of hoteliers believe that social media produces the highest ROI.
40% of Lers travelers post reviews.
38% of US travelers use social media to share their experiences while traveling.
Social division has a huge impact on travel bookings. Those who used Facebook, Twitter, TripAdvisor, Google+ and LinkedIn sites such as:
52% changed their initial plans.
33% have changed their hotel.
10% changed their sanatorium.
7% changed their destination.
For TripAdvisor business
83% of respondents usually consult with TripAdvisor reviews about booking a hotel.
70% of northern hospitality professionals say TripAdvisor is the # 1 site that influences customers.
51% of Facebook fans are more likely to buy their own brands or fans.
52% of Facebook users say that photos of their friends inspire them to choose their vacation and travel plans.
79% of Twitter followers are more likely to offer a brand after becoming a follower.
67% of Twitter followers are more likely to buy brands they are with or are fans of.
Eighty-one percent of online consumers in the United States say they trust Pinterest’s information and advice.
20% of all social networking sites are from Pinterest.
According to all available information, the real issue is the following. “Can your hotel allow you to maximize your social media presence?”
Here are 7 tips to start your hotel social campaign.
1. Create social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+. Keep in mind that Google+ likes are the # 1 way to promote search engine optimization.
2. Use your property icon for your profile picture.
3. Make sure you have an attractive, visually appealing title that shows your property.
4. Make sure your contact information and website address are listed on the page.
5. Make sure you use the “Book Now” button on Facebook.
6. Post on all social media platforms every day.
7. Only one of the 5 posts should be self-promotional.